I made these little bites last night for an appetizer and they were soooo delish! So easy too only having a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand. These would make a great easy app for the game tomorrow!
- Approx. 45 small mushrooms
- 3/4 to 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside.
- Cook sausage until browned and no longer pink. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except mushrooms and Parmesan cheese until well incorporated.
- Fill each mushroom with about 2 heaping teaspoons of sausage mixture and place in baking dish or on cookie sheet.
- Once all mushrooms have been filled, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top of the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cheese looks golden.