These will be the talk of your football party! Sooooo fun and yum!
What you need:
- cupcake liners
- any flavor cake mix prepared for cupcakes
- frosting - white (you can add green food coloring)
- 48 small pretzel rods
- 1 bag shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- green food coloring
- caramel candies
Make sure cupcakes are cool then tint frosting and coconut green. Frost cupcakes and roll in coconut; set aside.
To make goal posts and footballs...
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper
- Set aside 24 pretzel rods for the base of goal posts. Cut each remaining stick into three 1 inch pieces.
- Shape caramel candies into footballs.
- Melt white chocolate chips following package directions. Spoon into zip lock and cut off a small corner.
- Place a dot of white chocolate on each end of one small pretzel piece to act as glue for the shaping of your goal posts. Attach an additional small piece to each end, making a "u" shape and finally attach the base, set on the wax paper.
- Place in the refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes or so.
- While the "goal posts" are setting, pipe a thin line on the top of the caramel footballs to make the the stitching on the football.
- Carefully peel the goal posts from the wax paper and insert into the top of each cupcake.
- Place the football in the coconut grass
Stand back and admire your masterpiece!!!!