Anything salted caramel is scrumptious...especially when paired with chocolate!
- 3/4 cup butter (at room temp)
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 36 caramel cups (or hershey caramel kisses)
- fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap all the caramel cups or kisses and set aside. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add into the butter/sugar mixture until incorporated.
- Roll about 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of the mixture to form a ball and place onto cookie sheet. Continue for the rest of the dough. Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven and gently press a candy in the center. Place back into oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each cookie with a small dusting of fine sea salt.