You'll Need:1 cup butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 cup chocolate chips
- Butter a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a heavy skillet, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar and water. Bring to a boil and add almonds.
- Cook, stirring constantly until nuts are toasted and the sugar is golden.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Let stand for a minute then spread the chocolate over the top.
- Let cool completely then break into pieces.
This year I will have to make my own!