Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Natural Insect Killer

This time of year always brings out the bugs....for me its ANTS.  In the past I've tried some insecticides but have been hesitant to use them because of their chemical properties.  Here's a natural insecticide that you can feel safe using around your family.  

credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/seemsfinehamburg/4514890993/


  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 tbl boric acid
  • 3 cups warm water
Mix all ingredients together until sugar has dissolved, store in an airtight container.  When you need to use, saturate a cotton ball or small piece of fabric with the solution and place in a small uncovered dish where insects are most prevalent.

Lucy~

6 comments:

  1. Your blog is really awesome. I enjoy reading it a lot. This is a really interesting post, the light bulb in my head just went off, I don't have to use those ant bait disks anymore. Where do you find boric acid? I don't even know where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your local hardware store may carry it...or buy online at amazon.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 parts sugar, one part borax (laundry aisle at most supermarkets) does the same thing. You can make it a liquid using water like this too. Easier to find than boric acid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the boric acid trick. Terra ant bait also uses this same principal. We had a massive ant problem 4 years ago and I went crazy with the boric acid baits, and suddenly no more ants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It works, but they keep coming! I think this time, I should put them in a jar, lay it on its side and put it all around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I normally use boric acid as a insect killer, but this trick is something new. So a new battle will start soon with insects lol. Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete