Typically the "pot o' gold" is at the end of the rainbow....but here the pot o' gold is stuffed inside the cupcake! These sinfully delicious cupcakes are stuffed with a peanut butter cream! Perfect for any kids party or your own St. Patrick's Day celebration...you'll be "lucky" if there are left :)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 container of vanilla or butter cream frosting
- blue food coloring
- rainbow fruit leather
- mini marshmallows
- these are optional, you can reserve some of the vanilla frosting before it is colored to pipe the clouds on the side of the rainbow if desired or use mini marshmallows
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbl sugar
- 1 tbl milk
- Mix the cake mix according to package instructions, set aside. In a small bowl, beat the ingredients for the filling until smooth and creamy.
- Line muffin tins with liners and fill 1/2 way with batter. Drop a tablespoon of the filling into the center of the batter and top with more batter until cup is filled 3/4 of the way.
- Bake muffins according to package instructions. Meanwhile, add a few drops of blue food coloring to the frosting. If you are using frosting for the clouds reserve about 1/4 cup before coloring.
- When cupcakes are done allow to cool completely. Frost with the blue frosting and place a piece of fruit leather on top sticking into the cake to secure (depending on the length of the fruit leather you may need to trim it a little).
- Pipe clouds around the sides of the rainbow or place in a few mini marshmallows. Serve to your lucky leprechaun's!