You can make these "straight from the bakery" mason jar cakes yourself in minutes. They make perfect Valentine's Day gifts for loved one's or even teachers :)
- 1 box of Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- 12 1/2 pint (8 oz) mason jars, wide mouth or regular
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make cake mix according to package instructions. Liberally grease the inside of the mason jars with cooking spray and fill half way with the batter.
- Place mason jars in the oven and bake until toothpic comes out clean (about 15 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely and remove the cake from the jar. Slice cake in thirds and place the bottom slice back into the jar. Place frosting into a ziploc bag and cut a small tip in the corner (this will help to get the frosting to where it's supposed to go). Pipe in a layer of frosting. Layer another layer on top and pipe another layer of frosting on top. If there is room you can put the top 1/3 of the cake on top otherwise reserve for nibbling.
- Place the lid to the jar on top and adorn with valentine ribbon or stickers :)