- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- Beat together butter, powdered sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla.
- Mix together flour and salt, and add to the wet ingredients, stirring until well-combined.
- Divide dough in half. Add red food coloring to half the dough. Roll even logs 1/2" wide of red dough, then white dough. Twist together and bend top to form cane shape.
- Bake on ungreased sheet for 9 minute at 375 deg. Can be sprinkled with a crushed candy cane and sugar mixture while still warm.