This bark is a must for holiday parties and also makes a great gift when packaged nicely in a cute tin or wrapped up in a little bag. It is also one of the easiest and quickest thing to make when you're running low on time and ideas!
- 4 ounces saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or Toffee Bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.
- Bake at 400*F for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts or toffee, if desired. Cool completely and break into pieces.