I love creative dip ideas. This fall cheese dip idea is festive and very tasty! Try this for your upcoming halloween party or thanksgiving dinner this year.
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- Red and green apple wedges
- Combine Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients in a bowl until blended. Cover and chill 4 hours or until mixture is firm enough to be shaped.
- Shape mixture into a ball to resemble a pumpkin. Smooth entire outer surface with a frosting spatula or table knife. Make vertical grooves in ball, if desired, using fingertips.
- Cut celery stalk, and reserve for another use. Cut stalk to resemble a pumpkin stem, and press into top of cheese ball. Serve cheese ball with crackers, crostini, and apple wedges.
- Note: To make ahead, wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap without stalk, and store in refrigerator up to 2 days. Attach stalk before serving.