What you need:
- pine cones
- fall leaves
- felt (or colored paper)
- acorn caps
- large brown or grey pompoms
Instructions: (you can vary this)
- Collect fall leaves, pine cones, and acorn caps on a nature walk.
- Glue a large pom pom to the top of the pinecone for the head.
- Cut two tear drop shapes of felt for wings and glue to sides of cone.
- Cut felt ovals for feet to balance the pine cone.
- Glue to bottom of cone. Add Fall leaves to create feathers on wings.
- Glue two acorn caps to the pom pom for eyes.
- Fold a small piece of yellow paper in half and cut into a diamond shape.
- Place between the two caps and glue to pom pom for a beak.
- Cut out two tiny brown triangles for ears. Glue to top of pom pom.
Hope you have fun making these little critters.