- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk (any milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- butter for frying
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cup sliced fruit
- Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
- Grease pan with butter. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter, syrup, and/or fruit (I used bananas).
Now I can feel good about indulging in some weekend pancakes!