These take & go bars are perfect for those rushed mornings. They are great for a quick breakfast or a healthy after school snack!
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (not the instant kind)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts and /or seeds, use your favorites
- 2 tbl flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbl canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract, use your favorite flavor
- 2/3 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the oats, seeds and/or nuts onto an ungreased cookie sheet and lightly toast int the oven for about 10 minutes stirring every 2 to 3 minutes. If you are using large walnuts or almonds roughly chop them prior to toasting. Allow to cool completely and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees..
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix. In a large bowl combine canola oil, brown sugar, maple syrup egg and egg white and whisk until well mixed.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. Add in the oat mixture until well combined. Finally, fold in your dried fruit. If you are using larger pieces of dried fruit be sure to chop them into smaller pieces before adding them to your mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool; cut into bars with a lightly greased knife. Store in an airtight container.