If you have never had a fried pickle you are missing out! They are so delicious and make a terrific fill in for french fries....or better yet top your burger with them! If your feeling indulgent go ahead and fry them but here is a lightened up version of the fried pickle :) For an appetizer combo serve up with these fried green tomatoes!
- 1 (16 oz) jar sliced dill pickles or use these homemade overnight dills
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- Preheat your broiler to high. Prepare a wire rack set on top of a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish mix the eggs, buttermilk, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce until combined. In a separate dish place the flour, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Finally in another bowl place the cornmeal with the salt and pepper.
- Coat your pickles in the flour mixture, then wet them in the buttermilk and egg mixture, finally dredge them with the cornmeal. Place them onto the wire rack.
- Spray the pickles with cooking spray and broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with ranch dressing....if you like it spicy mix in a few dashes of hot sauce to the dressing!