- Football Game Day Whoopie Pies!
- 2 packages of Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Crisco shortening
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix with the eggs and shortening. The batter will be thick.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. You can do without but parchment makes the removal process easy!
- Use a tablespoon to scoop heaping spoonfuls and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They cook fast.
- Will make about 24 whoopie pies.
- Combine the filling ingredients blend until smooth.
- Once the whoopie pies are cooled, apply a large spoonfull on one whoopie and top off your pie with another whoopie.
- To make the football string lines - save some filling and using a piping bag or ziploc with small slice in corner cut out, make your strings! Add some food coloring to represent your team colors.
- And guess what? Don't have time? Pick up some premade whoopie pies and decorate! Oh yeah! :)Maddie