This is a great fall activity for the kids, it's pumpkin play dough- smells and looks like pumpkin! Just keep an eye on the littlest ones, that they don't eat it...however, if they do it is alright because it is actually edible.
2 cups of flour
1 cup salt
4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup cinnamon
2 Tbsp. cloves
2 Tbsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. ginger
2 cups water
2 Tbsp. oil
1-2 tsp Orange food coloring
1. Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and spices together in a large bowl.
2. Add the water & oil to the dry ingredients and mix together well.
3. Transfer mixture to a medium sized saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. The dough will begin to thicken and form. When it becomes difficult to stir and is more solid, remove from heat, let it cool enough so you can touch it and then knead the dough till smooth. Add in the food coloring while you are kneading to desired color.
5. Store in the fridge to help the dough last longer.