You can either make this stove top and let it simmer on low or you can use your slow cooker and cook on low for at least 5 hours (the chili will already be cooked, you will just need to let the flavors come together and allow the vegetables to soften). Perfect for a cold day!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground sweet or hot sausage
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1 small jalapeno,diced and seeds removed
- 1 (25 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbl cumin
- 3 tbl chili powder
- 1 (14 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Individual bags of Frito's
In a large skillet over medium heat brown the beef and sausage. Place the rest of the ingredients in a dutch oven or slow cooker and allow to simmer. If your using a dutch oven keep the heat on medium until the chili begins to simmer then reduce to low for at least 1 hour. If you are leaving the chili on stove top for more than 1 hour check and stir about every 20 minutes. If your using the slow cooker to keep on low for up to 8-10 hours.