If your one of those people who either doesn't have the time to search through recipes or simply can't decide on which recipe to make for Valentines Day I've got you covered. Here is a complete menu from appetizer, to cocktails to main dish and dessert! If your not a seafood lover simply replace with chicken or sauteed vegetables if you forgo meat or seafood altogether.
First you need to start out with a cocktail while you prepare your meal....
feel free to have another at dinner :)
2 tbl peach puree
Drop the peach puree into the bottom of a champagne glass and fill the glass with champagne.
Appetizer: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
This is one of our recipes that has been posted in the past but continues to be one of my favorites. These are a must try! Click on the link above for the recipe!
Main Dish: Seafood Fra Diavolo
6 cloves garlic, diced finely
2 shallots, sliced thin
1 tsp red pepper flakes
3/4 cup white vermouth
1 (28 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1/2 lb bay scallops
1/4 lb calamari rings
2 tbl fresh parsley
2 tbl fresh basil
1 lb linguine, cooked according to package instructions
- In a large pan, saute the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes in olive oil and season with salt.
- After garlic and shallots have become tender, about 4 minutes, add in the clams and mussels and cover. Cook until the shells have opened discarding any that have remained closed. Remove from pan and reserve in a dish.
- Add in the vermouth and allow to bubble for about 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes and allow to cook 5 minutes. Add in the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add in the calamari and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the clams and mussels back into the pan and coat everything evenly with the sauce. Fold in basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine. Once cooked, place pasta in large bowl and top with seafood mixture.
*To substitute with chicken use 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and pound thin. You are going to bread the chicken. Coat with flour, dip in egg wash and coat with Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Pan fry until both sides are golden and juices run clear. Cook sauce according to instructions omitting the seafood.
Dessert: Mini Mocha Lava Cakes
I cannot wait to try these...they look like they are begging to be eaten! Click on the link above for the recipe!