I love incorporating fresh fruit into meals, especially Mexican dishes. Here's a tropical spin on enchiladas, this would also be great with shrimp!
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple (you could also add in mango)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz) enchilada sauce
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- chopped cilantro for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl mix the chicken with salsa, fruit, corn, spices and 1/2 the shredded cheese.
- Pour 1/2 the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Begin rolling the chicken mixture into the tortillas and place into the baking dish. Continue with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with sour cream and guacamole!