This recipe is a remake of our original Gingerbread Biscotti. This recipe adds a bit more nutrition with the oat flour and healthy fat from the coconut oil. The flavor is very similar and is delicious with a cup of joe :)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour (I used regular oats and put them in my food processor to make my flour)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbl coconut oil
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molases
- 1 tbl baking powder
- 1 tbl cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbl ground ginger
- 1/2 tbl ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil, eggs and egg white, sugar and molasses until combined and creamy. In a separate medium bowl add in all your dry ingredients; flours, spices and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined and dough is thick and sticky. Divide dough in half and form 2 logs about 1/2 inch thick onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to touch. Slice the logs diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place back onto cookie sheet and bake for another 6 minutes per side or until each side is golden and crunchy.