Nothing says Fall like gingerbread & pumpkin. I am a big biscotti fan...soooo good with your morning coffee! I tried my luck at pumpkin biscotti but that recipe needs some tweaking. This one has always been my go to and it makes your kitchen smell SOOOOO GOOD!
- 4 tbl butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbl baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbl ground ginger
- 1 tbl cinnamon
- 1/2 tbl ground cloves
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly add in the eggs and molasses until combined.
- Add in the ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and mix. Add in the baking powder and flour 1 cup at a time until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half and shape each dough into a log onto the cookie sheet. You may need a little dusting of flour to create the log. Pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut the logs into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place back onto cookie sheet and bake an additonal 7 minutes or until toasted.