Celebrate Cinco de Mayo early with a breakfast taco! Stuffed with everything to keep you going for the whole day...this is one hearty breakfast! You can lighten it up with egg whites and light cheese if you like.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh salsa (find this in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 1 cup black beans
- 4 tbl chopped green chiles
- chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup queso fresco (or feta cheese)
- 4 soft taco shells
- Begin by heating a small skillet on medium heat and melt a pat of butter in the pan. Crack 1 egg into a small dish and gently pour into the pan. Fry for about 2 minutes then flip and cook for an additional minute or so. You don't want the yolk to be too runny here since you will be stuffing it into a taco.
- While your egg is cooking heat the beans in a microwave safe bowl for about 2 minutes or until warm.
- Warm your tortilla for 25 seconds in the microwave and place the egg in the center. Top with a few tablespoons of black beans, same with the salsa and 1 tablespoon of green chiles. Finally sprinkle in the cheese and cilantro and wrap up. Continue process with remaining eggs. Mexican breakfast on the go!