This was a huge it in my house and it uses up leftovers! You could swap taco meat for fajita meat if you like....and any kind of meat will do, it's more so the seasoning that you need for the flavor! This will feed an army :)
- 1 - 2 cups leftover taco or fajita meat (if you don't have lots of meat left over "beef" it up with more veggies)
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 pepper sliced into strips
- 1 cup sliced veggies (whatever you have on hand)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbl cream cheese
- 1 tbl flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package pasta (whatever kind you like)
- 2 tsp taco seasoning or Cajun seasoning if you like it spicy
- 1/2 cup monetary jack or cheddar cheese
- In a large pot begin boiling salted water for the pasta. While the water is heating, heat a large skillet with a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Begin sauteing the veggies and garlic and sprinkle with taco seasoning or Cajun seasoning and cook until soft. Add in the diced tomatoes.
- Add in the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to box instructions. In a small blender or food processor blend the milk with the cream cheese and flour. Move the veggies to the side of the pan and add in the chicken broth. Slowly add in the milk mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in the cooked taco or fajita meat and bring to a gentle simmer until sauce thickens. Add in cooked pasta and allow to heat for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the shredded cheese and serve!