Every year those Resses Peanut Butter Eggs haunt me....they are so delicious! I know it may be dangerous to have a recipe to make them at home but consider it an Easter treat :) Instead of hiding plastic eggs for your Easter egg hunt wrap these in cellophane and use these!
- 1 (16 oz) bag confectioners sugar)
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbl milk
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tbl shortening
- In a large bowl, mix the confectioners sugar, peanut butter and butter until combined and thick. If the mixture is too thick add in 1 tablespoon of milk, otherwise omit. Using about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, shape into an egg shape and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Over a double boiler, place the chocolate chips with the shortening and melt over low to medium heat while stirring. Remove the eggs from the freezer and drop them into the chocolate and coat all sides. Use a fork to remove the eggs allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place back on lined baking sheet to set up. While your finishing the remaining eggs, have your kids decorate the top while the chocolate is still wet!