Valentine's Day isn't Valentine's Day without something chocolate and decadent. Chocolate Lava Cakes are always impressive to look at and even better to eat but many recipes I have seen require lots of steps and have lots of ingredients. This recipe is manageable and all you need is a muffin tin to create the cakes!
| Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/littledebbie11/3833311814/|
8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 stick butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbl flour
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler (place a small bowl over a saucepan with simmering water). Stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, flour and salt. Slowly sift into the chocolate and mix well. Add in eggs one at a time and beat until batter is creamy. Chill mixture.
- Grease the muffin tins with butter and dust with cocoa powder, shake out the excess. Spoon in about 4 oz of batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 - 11 minutes. Outsides should be cake like and inside will be gooey!
Serve with vanilla ice cream :)