1 can of jumbo or large black olives
1 can of small black olives
1/4 to 1/3 pound of soft cheese, such as fromage blanc (I used goat fromage blanc), or cream cheese (what was served to us originally).
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into rounds
- For the feet: Cut a triangle out of the carrot rounds, like so:
- The big piece will be the feet.
- Take the small piece and cut into small slivers for the beak of the penguin.
- Next take a large olive and cut a quarter inch wedge from it.
- Stuff olive with soft cheese and smooth out.
- Take your carrot feet and place the cheese filled olive on top, then place a small olive on top of the large olive. Use a toothpick to secure.
- Poke a small hole in the middle of the small olive and then place a carrot beak in the hole.