I know what your thinking....double wammy with the cinnamon buns & bacon. But you have to admit these sound heavenly. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas I make homemade cinnamon buns for breakfast. It's two days that I allow myself to not think about calories, instead it's all about indulging in goodies! Best part about these is they don't have to be made from scratch!
You'll need 3 things:
1 tube of ready to cook cinnamon rolls
1 package of bacon
1 package of real bacon bits (or cook up a few slices of bacon to be used for garnish)
- Preheat oven according to package instructions.
- Open tube of cinnamon rolls and unroll the dough onto a floured surface.
- Follow instructions on the tube and prepare the dough to be rolled (place any filling, such as cinnamon & sugar, on the rolled out dough).
- Prior to rolling, lay 1 strip of bacon vertically on the dough separating at approx. where you will be cutting the rolls (to ensure each cinnamon bun gets 1 slice of bacon).
- Roll up the cinnamon roll and slice. Place on cooking sheet and bake according to package instructions.
- Once removed from oven, frost with the frosting that was with your tube and garnish with a few pieces of real bacon bits.