This stuffed french toast is so comforting on a cool day. Warm apples spiked with cinnamon and stuffed with a creamy cream cheese filling....nothing could be better!
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/8 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbl sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 pieces bread or cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 tbl butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbl light corn syrup
- 1 tsp rum extract (optional)
- Cream the cream cheese, yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in the apples.
- In a shallow dish whisk the milk with the eggs and vanilla. Divide the cream cheese and apple mixture among 3 slices of bread and spread evenly, top with the remaining 3 slices. Preheat griddle and melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan.
- Dip the stuffed bread into the egg mixture (as careful as you can so no filling comes out) and place onto buttered griddle. Grill on each side until bread is toasted and the middle starts to get gooey.
- Combine ingredients for the caramel sauce except the extract in a medium size sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until thickened (about 5 minutes). Add in the extract and drizzle over french toast!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- Six 2-inch-thick slices cinnamon bread