- 12 ounce macaroni shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces lean bacon
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo (i used 1/4 cup mayo and 1/4 cup greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 5 heads Bibb lettuce, quartered, or 5 cups chopped romaine hearts
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water as the label directs. Drain and toss with the milk in a large bowl; set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings from the pan. Add the tomatoes, thyme and garlic to the pan and toss until warmed through; season with salt and pepper. Crumble the bacon into bite-size pieces; set aside 1/4 cup for garnish. Toss the remaining bacon and the tomato mixture with the pasta.
Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and 3 tablespoons chives with the pasta until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce; toss again to coat. Garnish with the reserved bacon and the remaining 1 tablespoon chives. Serve at room temperature.
Hope you enjoy this before Summer's end!