Putting a whole chicken in the slow cooker is possibly something you've heard of but never really think of it because, well, its a whole chicken. When you think slow cooker you typically think stews, soup and chili. This chicken came out so tender and succulent that you almost didn't even miss the crispy skin. Tip* if you do want the skin to crisp up just pop it in the oven on 350 for a bit and it will crisp for you.
- (1) 5-6 lb whole chicken
- Potatoes (we used sweet potatoes)
- Your favorite herbs/spices, salt & pepper
- slow cooker
- Cut up onion and potatoes into halves and place on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place carrots on top, cut them into 1 1/2 inch pieces if your not using the baby carrots.
- Place whole chicken on top of your carrots, onion and potatoes in the slow cooker and sprinkle with herbs, salt & pepper.
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups of water over the chicken.
- Place slow cooker on low for 8 - 10 hours or high for 5 - 6 hours.