My Christmas menu is set but I am still trying to gather some last minute ideas for appetizers. Bacon is always a crowd pleaser. Typically I splurge with scallops wrapped in bacon but my mom isn't a fish/shellfish person....these will be the perfect fill in for those who don't dig the scallop! This year I will make 1/2 wrapped in bacon and 1/2 like this.....both will be delicious!
- 6 oz cream cheese with chives, softened
- 1 tbl milk or mayonnaise
- 25 slices of bread, sliced in half
- 25 slices of bacon, sliced in half
- parsley sprigs (optional)
- Combine cream cheese with milk or mayonnaise until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread 1 tsp of cream cheese over the half piece of bread. Roll the bread tightly from the smallest end.
- Wrap the bacon around the rolled bread and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on broiler pan and bake 350 for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
* These can be made ahead of time and frozen before cooking. To serve, remove from freezer and thaw overnight in fridge. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.