- Toddler / Baby - 1 1/2 yards of fleece fabric printed & 1 1/2 yards of fleece fabric solid color (I used a solid and a print ... it looks better but you can use 2 solids or 2 prints or whatever you like)
- Child - 1 3/4 yards of both the above
- Adult - 2 yards of both the above
- Scissors (preferably your sewing scissors .. sharp ones!)
- 4"x4" piece of paper
- tape measure
For a larger blanket you can certainly use more but make sure both fabric is the same yardage.
Here we go ...
- Take your two pieces of fleece. Put one piece on top of the other lining up
the edges so they are as even as possible. (one side will be the front and the other side will
be the back of your blanket)
- Trim off any extra border around the edges of your fleece to make both pieces even. Try not to cut in more
than 2 inches and do your best to cut it straight!
- Take your piece of 4"x4" paper lay it on the corner of your blanket. Then
cut out the corner through both layers. Do this to all four corners.
- Now you are ready to cut your fringes. Cut 4 inches into both fleeces at 1"
wide. I found it easier to lay a tape measure across from the corner of the cut
out corner to the other.
- Your fringes don't need to be 1" exactly, just try to keep them the same
size.(You don't want to have one fringe 1" and the next one 2".) Cut 1" intervals on all four sides.
- Once all 4 sides are cut begin to tie double knots all the way around the blanket.
This is the one Glory made for Little Gigi last Christmas.