This casserole is perfect Easter brunch! Whats great is that you can prepare it ahead of time so there's no preparation on Easter morning....prepare the night before and keep it in the fridge :)
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbl Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup ham, diced (deli ham or ham steak can be used)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 11 x 7 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites and milk. Add in the mustard, rosemary and salt and pepper. Fold in the bread, ham and red peppers until well incorporated. Pour into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with the cheese and bake another 15 - 20 minutes until cheese is golden brown.