I love the abundance of a Summer crop of zucchini. Here is a great meatless meal that uses the delicious crops from your garden!
- 1 - 2 zucchini or summer squash (depending on the size)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Batch of this Garden Tomato Marinara
- Pasta or crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Prepare Garden Tomato Marinara and allow to simmer while preparing zucchini. Wash and cut the ends off the zucchini. With a mandolin or sharp knife slice the zucchini length wise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Set up 3 shallow bowls, 1 for the flour, 1 for the egg wash, and the last add in the panko, parm cheese, salt & pepper and Italian seasoning. Dredge the zucchini in the flour, then egg wash and finally the panko mixture. Place onto prepared cookie sheet drizzled with olive oil and drizzle a little more olive oil on top of zucchini.
- Bake for 10 minutes and flip, bake for an additional 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve over pasta with Garden Tomato Marinara or simply with crusty bread and the marinara.