1 package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup fruit jam (optional)
1 egg white
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1. Roll out 1 sheet of the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and smooth out any folds. Cut into quarters. Repeat with the other sheet of pastry.
2. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice; mix well.
3. Place about 2 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each pastry quarter.
NOTE: If you want to add any jam, make a little dent in the cream cheese mixture and fill with about 1 Tbsp of jam.
5. Bring the corners of the pastry square together and pinch them together, like drawing a bag closed. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with egg white. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
6. Bake in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until puffed & light golden brown, turning the pan once during baking. Let cool 20 minutes before glazing.
7. For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla/almond extract. Drizzle over the danish - to make this easy, pour the glaze into a plastic bag, snip off a corner with scissors, and pipe away!
These are so good!