This Piccata sauce is delicious with fish, shrimp, chicken or pork...which is why I call it simply Lemon Piccata. Great served over pasta or with simple roasted seasonal vegetables. This one is a keeper :)
- Choice of fish, seafood or meat
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined) or white flaky fish
- 4 pork chops or chicken
- 1 cup flour
- 5 tbl butter
- 4 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- lemon slices for garnish
- Season choice of fish or meat with salt and pepper. If you are using pork or chicken, place each piece between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound thin to about 1/4 inch thickness. If you are using fish slice fillets into 4 portions. Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper as well. Dredge your shrimp, fish or meat in the flour.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place 2 pieces of fish or meat or 1/2 of the shrimp into the skillet until browned on each side. Remove from heat and place onto a platter. Add another tablespoon of butter and 2 more tablespoons of oil to skillet and finish cooking remaining choice of protein until browned on each side. Remove from pan and reserve on platter.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, white wine, mushrooms and capers to the skillet and scrape the bottom making sure to get up the browned bits. Season with salt and pepper, swirl in remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle in parsley. Return the reserved meat or fish to the skillet. For pork and chicken allow to simmer 7 - 10 minutes until cooked through. For fish or shrimp allow to simmer only 3 - 4 minutes until sauce just begins to thicken. Serve over pasta or alone with vegetables on the side!