This homemade version of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups is almost better than the real thing. I like to use natural peanut butter which gives the peanut buttery center even more peanut taste. I even made them with dark chocolate for extra indulgence :)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbl shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a medium size sauce pan melt the chocolate chips and shortening over low heat. In a separate sauce pan melt the peanut butter and butter. Stir in the confectioners sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
- Place teaspoon fulls of chocolate into a greased mini muffin tin. Then spoon in about 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture and place it in the center. Finally spoon in another teaspoon full of the chocolate. Allow to cool and place in the freezer for easier removal. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.