After over-indulging on holiday meals and 38-week cravings, I am looking forward to the new year with my little one, and getting back into shape!
Here is a great recipe that's tasty & comforting in the winter months-- and really good for you.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups milk
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- optional: 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets (about 10 cups).
- In a large baking pan toss cauliflower, garlic, and shallots with oil to coat and roast in middle of oven about 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Whisk in freshly grated parmesan slowly.
- In a 4-quart kettle simmer broth, water, roasted cauliflower mixture, and herbs 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender.
- Discard bay leaf and in a blender puree soup in batches until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), transferring to a bowl.
- Return soup to kettle and stir in milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat soup over moderate heat until just heated through.
Hope this New Year brings you much joy and healthy living!