- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint or Mint artificial flavoring
- 1/2 cup Mint Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Peppermint Candy Canes (finely crushed)
2. In a microwaveable bowl melt semi-sweet chocolate chips for about 45 seconds in 15 second intervals, stirring in between. Make sure they are melted, but not overdone.
3. In another bowl beat together butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and peppermint flavoring.
4. Stir in the flour mixture and mint chocolate chips.
5. Wrap the chocolate mint cookie dough tightly in plastic wrap and put it in a freezer for 20-30 minutes until nice and firm.
6. In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar and crushed peppermint candy canes.
7. Shape dough into 1″ balls. Roll them in powdered sugar and candy cane mix. Coat them well, don’t shake off any excess sugar.
8. Place the sugar coated cookie balls onto the cookie sheet. Make sure they are about 2′ apart.
9. Bake for 10-12.
10. Cool the cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them onto wire cooling racks.