Although I'm sad to see summer go I am looking forward to apple picking season :) I'm always looking for new ways to use fresh picked apples. Here is a streusel bar that is perfect as a snack, desert or (dare I say) with your morning coffee!
- 6 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbl butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine condensed milk, apples, 1 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl with a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in 1/2 cup butter with 1 cup of Bisquick until crumbly. Fold in apple mixture until well combined. Pour into 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup Bisquick, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Cut in remaining 2 tbl butter until crumbly. Add in nuts and sprinkle over batter. Sprinkle butterscotch chips over the top and bake 1 hour or until golden brown.