These mini potatoes make a great appetizer. They are the perfect size to pick up with just your fingers and a napkin...no utensils needed!
2 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes (your pots for your gold)
5 oz garlic herb cheese or chive cream cheese
4 tbl butter
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup cheddar cheese (the gold part :) )
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice a small sliver off the bottom of potatoes to provide stability when plating.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water and boil 10 - 12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon scoop out the tops of potatoes, being careful not to pierce all the way through, and reserve in a bowl.
- Combine herb cheese or cream cheese, milk, butter, salt & pepper with the potatoes and mash to incorporate. Spoon mixture back into the hollowed potatoes and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is nicely browned and melted.
Serve & Enjoy!