Here's a new take on twice baked potatoes only the potatoes aren't baked twice. Cool thing about these is you can have multiple different add ins and let your guests or family create their own!
Here's What You'll Need:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Medium to large size potatoes, however many you will need for your family or party
- Apple corer
- Small spoon
Cut a small piece off the bottom of the potato so it will stand and won't roll around.
Use the apple corer and slice 3/4 of the way down being careful not to completely slice the potato.
Using a small spoon, spoon out as much of the "core" of the potato as you can so you have your 'stuffing' spot.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes for 25-30 minutes or until they are fork tender.
While they are baking prepare your stuffings. Create a 'stuffing bar' for everyone to pick and choose their fill ins. It's a great way to get everyone involved and everyone will have fun with their creations!
Here are some stuffing ideas:
- Taco - taco meat, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, taco sauce
- Pizza - mozzarella cheese, diced up pepperoni and sauce to drizzle
- Jalapeno popper - diced jalapenos, softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Broccoli & Cheddar - diced up broccoli & shredded cheddar
- Bacon & chive - crumbled up bacon, diced chives & sour cream
Serve the potatoes from the oven to be sure any cheese gets nice and gooey!
Any of these ideas can be tailored to your liking which makes this idea fun and super easy. Use what you already have on hand and get creative!