I am determined to do mostly handmade gifts this year for Christmas. Ambitious, I know....lets see how far I get but my intention sounds good doesn't it? Every year I struggle to buy for the adults, after all we all have everything don't we? For me, a thought out hand made or special token gift means so much more....and it means more to me to give. Here's an adorable idea to gift to family members. A framed silhouette of a child is so adorable and has a vintage classic feel to it. It's truly a timeless gift.
- black felt or construction paper and a piece of decorative fabric the size of your frame
- Take a side shot photo of who you would like to silhouette, trying to get as much of a head shot as you can. I did this while my daughter ate breakfast so I was able to get a still shot!
- Upload the picture to your computer and adjust the contrast to make sure you have a good outline of your subject.
- Print the photo in the size you'd like your silhouette. Once it has been printed, cut out the outline and trace onto your paper or felt.
- Place the cut out silhouette onto the matted frame. Secure with a strong piece of tape or you could use a glue gun.