- 2 tablespoons butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups canned vegetable stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 ears corn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme and cook until the vegetables are good and soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Dust the vegetables with flour and stir to coat everything well. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add the cream and the potatoes, bring to a boil and boil hard for about 7 minutes, until the potatoes break down (this will help to thicken the soup and give it a good texture).
This can be kept warm in a crock pot plugged outside for BBQs!
Enjoy your cookouts this Memorial Day fans!