- Vanilla Wafers - base and tail support
- Chocolate Covered Cherries - body
- Candy Corn - feathers and beak
- Jelly Beans - Head
- Mini Choc Chips - eyes
- Chocolate Icing - glue
- Use a pastry bag (or a ziplock bag with a corner clipped off) to squeeze a ring of icing on both cookies.
- Place Choc Cov Cherries in center of first cookie, use 4-6 candy corn pieces to cover a third of the outside edge of the other cookie.
- Attach "tail" to the CC Cherry. Use very very small amounts of icing to secure eyes and beaks.
- Beaks are made by breaking off the white tips of candy corn pieces.
Optional: Use red tic-tacks or other small red candy under the head to look like the waddle. I usually do this but forgot to pick up the tic-tacks while I was at the store.
As each "turkey" is assembled place it in the freezer on a cookie sheet covered w/ wax paper to allow the icing to firm up and set. You can store them in the 'fridge or freezer for a few days provided you wrap each one in plastic.
Also, check out our Oreo Turkey recipe!